Revised May 20, 2022
1. Personal information we process and how we process it
- The personal information we process depends on the products you use and how you access them.
- We process information when you directly interact with Alaan in the following ways:
- Filling out an application and creating an Alaan Account
- Making a purchase using your physical or virtual Alaan Card
- Browsing alaanpay.com or using the Alaan dashboard
- Using our iOS or Android mobile apps
- Connecting accounts to your Alaan Account
- Calling, chatting, or interacting with Alaan (such as with our Customer Experience or Sales, or texting us a copy of a receipt)
- Interacting with us at a conference, webinar, or event
- Information We Process When You Use Our Products and Services
Information needed to apply and create an Alaan Account
If you are opening an Alaan Account, we need to process a certain amount of preliminary information about you, your company, and individuals associated with your company to create an Alaan Account to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. When you apply for an Alaan Account, we may process:
- Your name
- Your title or role on your team
- Your email
- Your phone number
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Your password (hashed) - unique, long, and strong, please
- Information related to your company, including the company’s legal name, address, copies of your company’s corporate documents, and - - - Employer Registration Number
- Information about individuals on your leadership team or individuals who have an ownership interest in your company
- Bank account information
- Other information pertaining to your identity such as copies of a passport, driver’s license, or other national ID
- Revenue information (such as information related to Shopify, Amazon, or other e-commerce revenue platforms)
- Personal information provided to us from third-party companies we partner with to offer services to you (see below).
Information needed to use our products and services
We need to process personal information when your company assigns you an Alaan Card or otherwise allows you to use our products and services (for example as an employee or authorized representative). To use these services, we may process:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your phone number
Information processed when you make a transaction
Each time you make a payment using an Alaan Card, we receive information about your transaction. We may receive this information directly from you or from our financial partners (Mashreq Bank) and our technology partners (NymCard Payments Ltd.) or the card networks (Visa). We may process:
- Payment method information (card number, card type, PIN)
- Purchase amount
- Purchase date
- Purchase location
- Whether you made the purchase online or in a store
- Receipt information
- Information provided to us by the card network associated with transactions, merchants, or cardholders
Information automatically processed when you visit our websites or use our mobile app
We process personal information automatically when you visit our website or use our mobile app to make our services work, to prevent fraud and enhance security, to understand your preferences, and to tailor services to you for the best possible experience. We may process:
- Browser and device information.
- IP addressMobile and other hardware or device identifiers
- Operating system
- Browser information, such as type and version
- Referring and exit pages, including landing pages and pages viewed
- Device event information, including crash reports, request and referral URLs and system activity details
Information about your use of our website or mobile app.
- Your location
- What you click on and what you type, time you spend on our websites, and other user experience information
- Provide you services such as those that allow you to chat with our Customer Experience team
- Perform website and mobile analytics
- Improve the advertisements you see
- Help prevent fraud and prevent attacks against our websites and services
- Advertise and promote Alaan products and services, and additional products and services from our partner companies
- Websites you visit
- Length of time the advertisement was visible
- IP Address
You can block these at any time using your web browser settings, but doing so may limit browsing experience and your ability to use certain features of our services.
Information processed when you interact with Alaan teams
We may process personal information about you when you call, chat, email, or interact with members of Alaan teams (such as Customer Experience, Sales, or Marketing), including:
- Your name
- Your email, phone number, or other contact information
- Content of your communications, including, in some cases recorded calls, and survey responses
Information processed when you join a webinar or event
We may process personal information about you when you join Alaan at an event in person or online via a webinar. We may collect this information directly or obtain it from a third-party service provider. We may process:
- Your name
- Your email or other contact information
- Registration date and time
- Webinar attendance information, when you joined a webinar, when you left, if you were paying attention, and what country you joined from
Information processed when you enter into a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion
We may process personal information when you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion to administer those programs, including:Your nameYour email, phone number, or other contact informationOther personal information required for you to participate
Information Processed from Our Business Partners and Service Providers
We process personal information we receive from financial partners, identity verification services, and other third-party service providers, and information you share with us about your use of their products and services:
- To comply with regulatory and reporting obligations
- To facilitate your use of our products or services, or other products and services
- To underwrite your account
- To conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, and detection
- To fulfill commitments to our business partners
- To fulfill requests made by you
Information necessary to comply with regulatory and legal requirements
When you open an Alaan Account as a company owner or an administrator on behalf of a company, or you provide information of an individual with an ownership interest in a company, we process personal information we receive from identity verification services and other third-party service providers that we must keep to comply with the law, including:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your current or previous addresses
- Your date of birth
Information processed to integrate third-party products and services with your Alaan Account
When you choose to link your Alaan Account with products and services provided by our business partners, we process personal information we receive from them to ensure our products and services work properly together.Your bank. To underwrite, provide you with the highest credit limit possible, and determine your eligibility for Alaan Rewards, we require you to give us information about your company’s finances and access to your company’s bank account. We use third-party service providers to process information about your company’s bank account activity. When you link your bank account, we may process the bank account credentials and all information associated with the bank accounts associated with those credentials, including:
- Unique identifiers associated with your bank
- Account names
- Bank account type
- Transaction history and related information
- Account balances
- Bank routing and account numbers
If you do not link your bank directly, we process information you provide with copies of your bank statements and other financial information about your company .To link your bank account with your Alaan Account, a third-party service provider may use and store your bank account credentials. We do not store your bank account credentials on Alaan systems.
Alaan Account connections. We offer the ability to connect your Alaan Account with accounting services (such as QuickBooks Online, Xero, and Netsuite), travel services, and other products and services. We both provide personal information to and receive personal information from these services on your behalf.
Accounting and expenses services.
When you direct us to connect your Alaan Account to these services, we collect certain information to make those integrations work, including:
- Unique identifiers associated with the third-party connected account
- Information associated with your general ledger account
- General ledger account codes
- Email addresses
The information we collect may differ based on the accounting service and the choices you make relating to that service.
E-commerce revenue platforms. When you connect to an e-commerce revenue platform like Shopify or provide us e-commerce revenue data via other platforms like Amazon, Paypal or Braintree, we receive data about your e-commerce revenue account, including:
- Account data
- Product, order, and payment data
- Store analytics
- Any other data that you may share with us related to those accounts
We get information from financial service providers such as our issuing bank (Mashreq Bank), card networks (NymCard Payments Ltd. and Visa), and financial institutions that process payments on our behalf to make our services work. The information we get includes personal information related to your transactions using a virtual or physical Alaan Card as described above.
Information processed to conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, and detection
We process personal information from our business partners, financial service providers, credit reporting agencies, identity verification services, public sources, and other third parties to prevent fraud.
Information processed as a result of a business partnership, referral, or agreement
We enter into agreements with financial partners and other businesses that provide products and services related to ours, and as a result of these partnerships, Alaan may receive personal information related to that particular relationship or partnership. We may process information about:
- You and your relationship with the business partner
- Your email or other contact information
- Your membership or relationship status with the business partner
2. How we use personal information
We process your personal information for the reasons stated specifically in this policy, but we may also process personal information about you to:
Operate our business and provide tailored services to you.
- Communicate with you about the products and services by phone, text, email, or chat
- Monitor, prevent, and detect fraud or unauthorized activity
- Secure our systems and products
- Mitigate financial loss, claims, liability, and other harm to our users, Alaan, our partners, or third parties
- Manage, operate, and improve the performance of our products and services
- Determine eligibility for Alaan products or services
- Help you make or receive a payment via ACH, wire, or check
- Provide you with tailored recommendations
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and errors
- Facilitate reporting, analyze performance, and auditing
- Understand how you use our services so we can make enhancements or improvements
- Facilitate business relationships or comply with contractual obligations
- Comply with our regulatory, legal, and other compliance obligations
- Advertise or market services and products to you
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
- If you elect to share information about your geolocation, we will use this information to enhance the security of our products and services and to prevent fraud
Provide you with support.
Help identify and troubleshoot problems with your account
Survey your opinions through surveys or questionnaires
Communicate with you and respond to your specific requests or questions
Manage and send you notifications, confirmations and important information about your account and our products and services
Anonymised and aggregated data
To better target advertisements, improve, and market our products and services, and for other promotional purposes, we may reasonably transform personal information into de-identified information removing or masking information that could be used to identify you and by aggregating or combining de-identified data with other information. If you don’t want us to use your data in anonymised or aggregated form for promotional purposes, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How we share personal information Sharing for business purposes only
To operate Alaan’s products and services or support general operations of Alaan’s business
To integrate the products and services of our business partners with your Alaan Account
To use third-party cloud services to host our website and store the information we process about you
For any other legitimate business purpose
No sale of personal information
We do not and will not sell or allow our service providers to process your personal information for their own use without your express consent, unless the processing of that information is either required by law or we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our rights, protect our property or operations, or enforce the rights and protect the property or operations of our business partners and customers.
Making a payment
We share some personal information about you, such as your name and information about the payment method, with the person or merchant you are paying.
Anonymous or aggregated information
We may share anonymised or aggregated information, or other data that does not directly identify you or your company, with third parties.
Alaanpay Technology Ltd. may share personal information we process about you with other Alaan companies to provide additional services to you, determine eligibility for new products and offers, and for other legitimate business interests.
We share your personal information with our service providers that operate and provide services on our behalf. These service providers need access to your personal information to perform information processing, manage or enhance our customer information, tailor services to you and your preferences, and perform other services related to our business. We work with our service providers to make sure that they do not sell the personal information that we share with them.
Financial and business partners
We share personal information to facilitate the services we provide to you with our business and financial partners.
Card issuing partners.
Alaanpay Technology Ltd. partners with Mashreq Bank to issue cards to you. Alaan owns and controls the transaction data and other personal information we share with card issuing partners. We share the personal information you provide in your application for a Alaan Account with our card issuing partners to comply with our contractual obligations and to facilitate compliance with their and our regulatory obligations. Our card issuing partners do not sell or use your personal information or use any related data to market or to develop products and services, or for any other purpose not authorized by us.
Alaanpay Technology Ltd partners with NymCard Payments Ltd. to facilitate the technology for the usage of the Alaan cards. Our payment partners do not sell or use your personal information or use any related data to market or to develop products and services, or for any other purpose not authorized by us.
Credit reporting agencies.
We share information about you and your account with credit reporting agencies to verify information about your business, to report on your business’s performance, and to report late payments, missed payments, or other defaults, which in some cases may contain personal information.
Card network partners.
Visa separately processes information related to your use of your cards. For more information on how Mastercard and Visa handle your personal information, please or Visa’s Global Privacy Notice, respectively.
Partnerships and referrals.
We share personal information to facilitate referral partnerships. For example, if you were referred to us through an organization we may provide confirmation to that organization that your company opened a Alaan Account with us, and information relating to your Alaan Account activity solely for the purpose of calculating any referral fees we owe related to the referral.
Sharing authorized by you, your users, or authorized representatives
Compliance and compelled disclosure
We may share personal information:
- to comply with applicable law, regulation or payment network rules
- to enforce our contractual rights or comply with contractual obligations
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of Alaan, you, our customers, our business partners, or others
- to respond to requests from auditors, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulators, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence. When complying with court orders and other similar legal processes, Alaan strives for transparency. We will make reasonable efforts to notify our customers and users of any disclosure of their personal information, unless we are prohibited by law, court order, or exigent circumstances prevent us from doing so.
4. How we share personal information
5. Other important information about your personal informationSecurity
We use organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information; however, no data security program is entirely secure. Please contact us at email@example.com immediately if you believe that your personal information or any other confidential information that you have provided to us is no longer secure or has been lost or stolen. If we confirm that there has been a breach of personal information or confidential data related to you, we will notify you.
Use by minors
If you are under the age of 16, you may not have a Alaan Account or use our products or services. We do not knowingly process any information from, or direct any of our products or services to children under the age of 16. Please do not provide us with any personal information related to children under the age of 16.
Personal information related to administrators, employees, company owners, and authorized persons or representatives
Alaan Account users
Our products and services are intended for use only by companies, and you may only use an Alaan Account or Card if you are an employee or other authorized representative of a company that has opened an Alaan Account. The company’s administrator is responsible for the Alaan Account and cards associated with that company. An administrator can: restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to or ability to use the services, access personal information about you, access or retain information stored with us, and restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify, or delete information associated with your use of our products and services.
6. Your choices about your personal informationElectronic communications
You may choose not to receive promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe/opt-out instructions in those emails, but we may still send you non-promotional messages relating to material or transactional information about our products and services such as updates to our platform agreement, privacy notices, security alerts, and other notices relating to your access to or use of our products and services.
Deletion or closure of an Alaan Account
Closure or deletion of your company’s Alaan Account will mean that you permanently lose access to the personal information and data associated with the Alaan Account. Certain personal information or de-identified information associated with your company’s Alaan Account may nonetheless remain on systems owned or maintained by Alaan where required to comply with the law, our contractual obligations, or carrying out legitimate business functions.
To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, we retain certain personal information associated with rejected applications for Alaan Accounts.
Exercising your choices
To exercise your choices about your personal information, please contact our Customer Experience team. We will need to verify your relationship to the Alaan Account (for example, if you’re an administrator of a Alaan Account) and verify your identity. Verification will require that you verify your email and phone number and provide a copy of a government issued ID to us. We may take additional steps to verify that you are authorized to make the request. If you are an end user of Alaan’s services and not a direct customer of Alaan (for example, your company uses Alaan and you’re an employee or authorized representative of that company), you should direct requests relating to your personal information to the administrator of your company’s Alaan Account. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
Sale of personal information (“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”). We do not sell your personal information.
7. Contacting us
If you have concerns, questions, or would just like to better understand our privacy practices at Alaan, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer to contact us by mail, please write to Alaanpay Technology Ltd., Unit 201, 203, Level 1, Gate Avenue - South Zone, Dubai International Financial Center, Dubai, UAE, 507211.